Christmas is almost here! This time we are going to challenge making Sparkling Jewel cookie ornaments! You can hang them on your Christmas tree and make it a wonderful Christmas! 🙂
Unsalted Butter – 100g
Granulated Sugar – 100g
Small – Egg 1
Flour – 250g
Candy(Recommended: Cube Rope)
*Let the butter and egg sit at room temperature about 2-3 hours for better results.
How to Make
(1) Cream the butter until smooth. Add sugar and continue to stir until mixture is no longer grainy.
(2) Beat egg in a separate bowl. Slowly add the egg to the butter and sugar while mixing, only adding about 1/4 of the egg at a time.
(3) Slowly add the flour, mixing continuously until the dough is smooth.
(4) Put the dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 1 hour.
(5) Crush up the candy into small pieces, set aside.
(6) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
(7) After resting the dough, roll it out into a rectangle using a rolling pin. You can also use chopsticks on the sides of the dough to guide how thin you should roll it. Then, use cookie cutters to cut out different shapes in the dough. After making the first shapes, cut out wholes inside of those to put the candy inside. You can use a straw, or smaller cookie cutters to do this. After this, you can remove the dough from the plastic wrap using scissors.
(8) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place the cookies on the sheet and bake them at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
(9) Remove the cookies from the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes. Then, place the crushed m¥candy pieces into the cut out centers of your cookies. You can use as many colors of candy as you’d like.
(10) Bake the cookies again just until the candy on the inside melts. Watch very carefully, so that the candy doesn’t burn.
Adding too much candy into the cookies will cause it to overflow when it melts in the oven, so only add enough candid to fill up the center of the cookie, do not pile the candy too high!